An electric scooter will always look the sickest during a tail whip, however it appears there is a close second place in superlatives of two-wheeled badassery: An electric scooter in the midst of an explosion.

On February 16, one electric scooter owner got quite the surprise one morning, when her device spontaneously combusted as it sat on its charger. While it’s unclear what prompted the explosion, its damage was ever apparent, the family screaming and springing from their home as the scooter doused their living room in smoke and sparks.

All in all, the damage was a sight to behold, their curtains charred while their ottoman burned red with remaining bits of fire

Though it appears the family was able to escape unscathed, we can only hope they’ll appreciate the more analog things in life — scooters included.